The days of boring white or black mouse pads are long gone, especially when custom mouse pads are so easy to find or make. Mousepads are practical for everyday computer use, and they are a must for surfaces on which a mouse will not work, such as glass-top desks. Plus, necessity aside, a custom mousepad can add a certain amount of character to your computer setup, letting your personality shine through and sprucing up your space. You can choose from any type of design or fabric or you can use an image or photograph to top off your custom mouse pad. This, in a way, can be super attractive and interesting.
A basic custom mousepad is the simple rectangular design you generally see when you purchase a mousepad from a store. Making your own, you can make the surface of the mousepad into anything you want, such as a photograph, special image, or fun fabric.
To make one, you will need the following materials and tools:
· Crafting foam(or rubber foam with fabric)
· Surface material (photograph, image, or fabric if need)
· Spray-on adhesive(It is not needed if you can do sublimation)
Here’s how to make a simple custom mousepad in four simple steps:
1. Measure the size you want(ex. 400mm by 300mm) on the crafting foam, using your ruler and a pencil to draw the lines, and cut the foam according to your measurements.
2. Cut your surface material to the same dimensions. To do this, you can use the craft foam to trace the dimensions on the back of your photo or fabric.
3. Use the spray-on adhesive to bond the photograph, image, or fabric to the craft foam, working out any air bubbles caught between the surfaces.
4. Let it dry and use it!
Of course, you can get fancier than a simple rectangular mouse pad. There are endless possibilities! You can:
· Use a round cork trivet and bond it to your fabric with a heat-bonding agent and an iron
· Recover an old mousepad with new fabric
· Create a felt mousepad
· Use fabric scraps to make a thick and unique mousepad
· Create your mousepad in some interesting shapes, such as an animal shape (great for kids), a circle, a heart, or anything else you can think of
· Test your artistic skills by drawing or stenciling a nice design on your mousepad surface
· Create a character from a television show or movie, such as a super hero or even a zombie head
· Add lace edges and other accentuating features to your mouse pad
· Use neon craft paint to add a fun design
The sky is the limit when making your own custom mouse pad. It is so quick and easy, something creative and fun to do with the kids, and they make great gifts. Just think of holiday gifts or those end-of-year gifts for teachers. The only limit on what you can create is the limit of your own imagination. So, scour your house for scrap materials and visit your local craft store and put your hands to work making the most creative custom mouse pad you can think of!
Custom Mouse pad : Art Submission Guidelines
Blank gaming mouse pads
Custom mouse pads with gaming artwork